Saturday, November 16, 2013

Autumn in Madrid



These last few months have been very busy since coming back to Madrid.

First, I started working at a new elementary school. I am now working at a school in a town outside of Madrid called Las Rozas. Its a very nice town and only a 25 minute bus ride away. My new school is much different. It is enormous!!! There are kids from 5 months old all the way up to 18 years old. Not to mention, it is like a little village with an indoor swimming pool, theater and cafe! I am working with the young kids... 5 months old to 7 years old. I absolutely love it. The kids are so sweet but working with preschool and kindergarten is very draining. Luckily, it is also very rewarding!! :)

Since being back Maria and I took a weekend trip to Valencia! It was nice to get away, see the beach and have some delicious paella!

CIUDAD DE LAS ARTES Y LAS CIENCIAS

Two weeks ago Alba and I moved to a new apartment down the street. It is so wonderful!! We have so much space and now we all have big rooms with big beds! We are all so much happier in this place and feel like we really do have a home here!! Last night we had a housewarming party which was a lot of fun!

ROOMIES

Due to money, I'm unable to come home for Christmas this year. So instead Erin and I will have a French Christmas! We are going to spend 4 nights n Dijon, France with our old roommate's family. Then we will spend 4 nights in Paris. Right when we land back in Madrid on New Year Eve we are hopping on a bus to Zamora to ring in the New Year with Alba's family and friends. We feel so fortunate to have these unique opportunities and to have such wonderful people in our lives.

I'll be sure to keep this updated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment